[labnetwork] Cleanroom ISO 7 (Class 10,000) Specification

YuYing Tang yuyingtang at mail.pse.umass.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:51:40 EST 2015

Does anybody have a cleanroom specification and can share it with me?

We need to build a clearnroom in our new Life Science Center, and this
clean room is housing our Roll to Roll facilities for flexible electronics
fabrication research.  We are thinking of a class 10,000 cleanroom, after
considering the cost and efficiency compromise.

Many of you manage cleanrooms.  When the cleanrooms were built, are they
just satisfy the ISO 14644 standard, or you have to specify the following
items:
particulates, air changes, air flow patterns, static control and
acceptable humidity ranges....

We currently have a couple of Soft Wall Cleanrooms, and there is some
rusty and deposition on metals.  We are not sure whether is caused by
clean room air or other factors.

Thank you very much.

YuYing Tang, Ph.D.
Director, R2R Processing Lab
Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Amherst, MA  01003

http://r2rnano.org/r2rlab/

Cell: 413-230-1285