[labnetwork] Cleanroom ISO 7 (Class 10,000) Specification

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Fri Feb 13 13:01:48 EST 2015

YuYing -

The specifications for your cleanroom will depend on the process and research needs and the equipment design and layout. You certainly want to comply with ISO 14644, but also need to specify any other parameters that are critical to your process. From an airflow standpoint, you will most likely want to specify temperature, humidity, and air changes per minute as well as the particle concentration specified in the ISO spec. Whether you specify unidirectionality of the airflow depends on your equipment layout and airflow design. In addition, you may want to specify vibration, static levels, EMI levels, and anything else that will affect your process and equipment. If you drop me a note that describes the equipment and layout as well as the process parameters, I should be able to help.

I'm not trying to advertise, but since you are in Amherst you have an easy opportunity to take a course I'm teaching in Boston in April. ESTECH is the foremost conference on cleanrooms, and ESTECH 2015 will be held in Danvers April 27-30, 2015. I'll be teaching a tutorial on Cleanroom Basics on Monday, April 27. It's an all-day tutorial that covers all aspects of cleanrooms and a glance at their operation. I think it would be very useful to you. There is more information at iest.org. Click on Meetings, then ESTECH.

John

John R. Weaver
Strategic Facilities Officer
Birck Nanotechnology Center