[labnetwork] RTP Oxidation

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 03:45:37 EDT 2015

Dear All,

Query regarding RTP:

1. We have AnnealSys RTP: ASOne
2. We need to clean pyrometer windows regularly to maintain the equality in
the actual temperature and set temperature. After around one month, and
after heavy usage, the temperature drift around 80 Deg C. Pyrometer
measures 80 Deg less than actual [randomply measured by TC]. When we clean
the windows this difference is around 2 degrees.

Queries:
1. Is cleaning pyrometer windows a standard practice in your systems as
well?
2. Our 30 sec base line recipe, at 900 deg C, excluding ramp and ramp down
steps. This recipe does not yield consistent thickness and ranges from 7 to
14 nm thickness. At this thickness other factors such as native oxide
thickness variation, ambiance also plays critical role. Any comments would
really help.

Thanks a lot!

Kamal Yadav
Sr. Process Technologist