[labnetwork] Chamber Cleaning With Gold Contamination

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 05:33:05 EDT 2015

Dear All,

Though may not make much sense, but would wanted to know if there are any
successful cleaning procedures for chamber to remove affect of gold
usage/contamination in that chamber.

We want to use the chamber with gold pads exposed to the plasma, but at the
same time, need to allow those whose devices may get affected from gold [in
CMOS]. Any intermediate cleaning/deposition that could significantly (?)
reduce the affect.

Our chamber [ICPCVD] has been used [5+ years] with gold pads [exposed to
plasma] and so far other groups have not reported any issues with their
devices, so its working out fine till now.

But we want to take precautionary measures if any.

Thanks a lot!

Kamal Yadav
Sr. Process Technologist
Electrical Engineering