[labnetwork] Thermal load in cleanrooms ISO 5/6

Loïk GENCE Loik.gence at cetuc.puc-rio.br
Mon Mar 16 10:36:18 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am working on the design of a small cleanroom facility (70m2) ISO 5/6.
Right now, I am dealing with the problem of thermal load,
Which is crucial here in Rio, where the average outside temperature is
of 30 deg C with a relative humidity of  75-80 %.

I would like to have your help and/or comments on several points:

Most of the manufacturers do not provide a value for the thermal load
(why?). Assuming 2 or max 3 people working simultaneously in the
cleanrooms, and usual cleanroom value: 22 deg C - 55% humidity. The main
issue is: how can I estimate the cooling power required for the Air
Conditioning System (ACS)?

I have the list of equipments we'll have and the corresponding
electrical power. I assumed the heat generated by 2 users and added the
total electrical power dissipated as heat inside of the cleanroom, using
a simultaneity factor of 0.75 (all equipments won't be turned on at the
same time) and neglected the heat produced by the filter fan and lightning.
***
**        - Is it reasonable for dimensioning the ACS cooling power ? *

Also most of the equipments have a cooling water circuit. But the
cooling power needed is well described in the installation manual
provided with the equipments.

*        - Should I subtract from the **ACS cooling power**value, **the
cooling po**wer **from the chillers?*

         - *Do you think a central and unique chiller (placed outside of
the building) is preferred to several smaller chillers placed closer to
the equipment?*

I thank you very much for your kind help or comments.

regards,

Loïk.

Dr. Loïk Gence

PUC-RIO/CETUC-LABSEM

End Rua Marques de São Vicente, 225-Gavea
CEP:22451-900   Rio de Janeiro, RJ-Brasil

       (Telefone)      +55 (021) 3527-2193

	(Mobile)     +55 (021) 99156-5558

loik.gence at cetuc.puc-rio.br