[labnetwork] Cleaning heavy metals off chamber liners- is there any place that does this?

Clifford F Knollenberg cknollen at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 16 19:14:34 EDT 2015

We have heavy metal residues on the chamber liners of our Ar Ion Mill that we would like to get removed.  The heavy metals include Hg, Cd, and Te, mixed in with a large amount of non-toxic metals (Fe, Si, Au, etc).  We would like to get them cleaned (bead blasted) at a facility capable of handling heavy metal residues safely.  We do not need the chamber liners completely clean of the heavy metals, but want to reduce the metal build-up on the surface.

Any advice would be helpful.

Regards,

Cliff

--
Clifford Knollenberg
Cleanroom Science and Engineering Associate- Stanford Nano Center
Email: cknollen at stanford.edu
Tel: 650-723-1675