[labnetwork] Cleanroom Contamination issue

Matthieu Nannini, Dr. matthieu.nannini at mcgill.ca
Thu May 28 10:46:30 EDT 2015

Speaking of McGill, we do a yearly particle measurement at several spot in the cleanroom.

however, we do plan like you, to install a few continuous particle counters and mouvement detectors and link them to our ventilation system to bring the FFUs' speed down at night or when nobody is inside. This scheme has proven to be very efficient in other labs that I visited. Even if the room goes above its certification at night (> class 100), in about 30min early in the morning the FFUs are able to bring the room back to class 100.

You need to have variable speed FFU that will accept a control signal.

Matthieu