[labnetwork] Lubricating the Ball Bearings/Chains

Shivakumar Bhaskaran sbhas at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 29 13:15:37 EDT 2015

In one of the equipment the sample stage which moves up and down from loading the sample in deposition chamber is making noise. The sample stage has chains with motor and bearings/sliders to move up and down. I think if I add lubricant the noise can be reduced. As this system might be baked to high temperature, I want to know what sort of lubricants to you use in the cleanroom for your equipment, I want to make sure the grease wont dry out during baking or atleast I don't want to add the lubricant every time I bake.

-Thanks
-Shiva

Shivakumar Bhaskaran, Ph.D.
Searle CleanRoom Manager