[labnetwork] Recruiting Engineering Staff

Sally J. Wolcott swolcott at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:11:33 EDT 2016

Dear Lab Managers,

Thank you for the thoughtful discussion on promoting professional development and retaining qualified staff.

Now, I have a different question about finding talented/qualified staff.  We are currently recruiting for an equipment engineer for our facility.  We have posted the position on our job board (UChicago Jobs posting 100090) and to this list.  We are not confident that the applicant pool to date is the best available.   Do you have suggestions on where to post engineering positions in order to reach and attract qualified candidates?

Thanks,
Sally Wolcott
Business Manager, Pritzker Nanofabrication Facility
Institute for Molecular Engineering
University of Chicago
5640 South Ellis Avenue, 105C
Chicago, IL  60637