[labnetwork] Milton Roy Spectronic 601 Spectrophotometer Repair Manual and Hacking

Opto Tinker optotinker at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 03:32:31 EDT 2016

Hi,

 I am looking for a service manual for Milton Roy Spectronic 601 spectrophotometer. My unit turns on and goes into some random mode, usually ends up with one error message or another. The Deuterium lamp is missing, but I don't plan to do UV work.

 In case I cannot fix it, would it be possible to by-pass the original electronics and put in one's own driver for the monochromator and read out the signal output?

Thanks,

PS. The detector board has 6 wires: red, black, blue, yellow, green, and orange. I guess the red and black are power supplies. The voltage on orange wire changes when I interrupted the optical path, so I suspect it to be the signal output. The blue wire seem to be some kind of feedback to the light source, because when I touched in with a probe, the light bulb lit up more. I don't know how the chopper fit into this scheme. None of the wires seems carry this chopper signal.