[labnetwork] UGIM '16 SLC: Early Registration closes this week; costs go up...

Ian Harvey IRHarvey at eng.utah.edu
Mon Apr 25 14:54:33 EDT 2016

Dear UGIM afficionados!

Please register soon to avoid the late registration fees.  This is the final week for early registration and your hosts are anxious to finalize the attendance for planning our field trip to an advanced 12" wafer fab, our evening canyon train excursion, and our closing banquet at a mountain ski resort.

Early registration ends on May 1st. General registration will be $250 per person beginning May 2nd.

Hotel costs also go up after this week as we release any of the remaining rooms in the reserved block at the convenient University Guest House.

Visit our webpage for the draft day-by-day program: ugim.nanofab.utah.edu/program

Added to the program:
Fab Equipment swap meet: while most of our facilities are prohibited from directly selling tools for cash into the used equipment market, trading is an option.  Also, most institutions have an exception allowing them to sell tools for cash, to another academic institution.  We will have a room set up to view used items for sale or trade by other cleanroom facilities during the sunday evening reception.  I will be separately sending out a list of items available for viewing when you visit the Utah Nanofab.  If you have tools for sale or trade, please assemble the following information UGIM and we will create a form on our UGIM web page to manage the list:
- Tool description and function
- Special configuration if any
- photograph of current condition
- make
- model
- vintage
- asset tag #
- current location of tool
- describe current condition (parts, storage/cannibalized, storage from working condition, currently operational, reason for disposal)
- asking price or best offer
- Contact info for seller

UGIM Technical Highlights:
• Peer presentations on tool selection, growing and adapting to your user base, fab efficiency and improvement, managing difficult (toxic, cross-contaminating) materials
• Sessions and panels on operational and facilities safety
• Expert panel and discussion sessions on laboratory finance and facility upgrade planning/architecture
• Extended workshops on managing the infrastructure including HPM sourcing, sensing and abatement
• Sunday "bootie camp" to cover operational basics, operational safety and entry level open-source community-developed lab management software

Networking Opportunities:
• a great line-up of vendors and exhibitors, and a place to interact and become informed
• Sunday introductory session for new labs and new attendees
• Working topical and role-based lunches
• Evening mixers on Sunday (lab tours & reception), Monday (IMFT tour, dinner, canyon train ride), and Tuesday (closing banquet in the mountains)

Lasting Value:
• Presentation PDF's will be available for download
• The program guide will be in a PDF format easy to annotate in real-time and archive for later searching

International Guests:
Please contact me if you need an official letter of invitation to assist the issuing of a visa.

In Need of Travel Justification?
We have a session specifically intended to help you:  Sunday morning our opening session will introduce first-time attendees, new fab facilities and others.
Please contact the session chair if you need an invitation: Bill Flounders <bill at eecs.berkeley.edu>

Hotel Information:
We recommend registering early (before May 1, 2016) to save yourself some money by visiting http://ugim.nanofab.utah.edu/registration/.  Hotel reservations at the University Guest House on the University of Utah campus can be made OVER THE PHONE ONLY by calling 1-888-416-4075.  This gets you access to $109 rates in the UGIM reserved block of rooms.
ugim.nanofab.utah.edu/lodging-2/

Stay and Play:
• Social evening events monday and tuesday are open to registered attendees and their guests:  Train ride up a local canyon, and mountain gondola to closing banquet
• There are several groups who are beginning to plan group camping, golfing, and hiking events before and after the conference.
	For more information contact: Duane Bingaman <duaneb at lesker.com>
https://ugim.nanofab.utah.edu/while-you-are-here/
http://ugim.nanofab.utah.edu/files/2016/03/visitors-guide.compressed.pdf

We hope to see you soon!

—Ian

Ian R. Harvey, Ph.D.

Associate Director
Utah Nanofab
Cleanroom Fabrication and Surface Analysis & nano-scale Imaging
801/585-6162 (voicemail)
www.nanofab.utah.edu
http://sal.nanofab.utah.edu

Chair, UGIM '16