[labnetwork] Piranha processing vessels

Keith Franklin keithf at ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 28 13:59:24 EDT 2016

Good day all,

We're currently revisiting what vessels or tanks we use for processing with
hot piranha.  Our most common application is for cleaning a partially
filled cassette of 4" Si wafers.  We typically purchase Pyrex 6944 vessel
and have our glass shop cut them down to a more reasonable height.  In our
last purchase cycle, we noticed that the ID has changed ever so slightly
and it's now challenging to squeeze our standard Entegris cassette into
this vessel.  We're currently looking into custom machined PVC, PP,  Teflon
& Quartzware, as well as off the shelf small volume tanks, etc.

I'm hoping to better understand what other similar labs are using for this
application (& potentially 6" wafers as well).  Any advice or feedback
would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Keith

Keith Franklin