[labnetwork] Oxidation of Si wafers with DRIE passivation polymer

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 4 15:03:28 EDT 2016

Hi Aaron,

Great comments so far on this topic.

I will add a suggestion that you might want to consider. I assume you typically have two, 24-wafer quartz boats loaded in this furnace at any given time. If you do decide to allow clean, previously processed wafers in this tube in the future together with your usual virgin wafers, perhaps you might want to dedicate the boat closest to the source (ie., the one furthest away from the loading end) to your virgin Si wafers and the tail end of your second boat to the previously processed wafers. The thinking here is that contaminants, if any, would likely tend to diffuse towards the load end of the furnace quartzware over time rather than the source end, thus keeping at least a good portion of the tube as pristine as possible. As an aside, I would not even consider this approach for a CMOS oxidation tube.

Best,
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  P.Eng.