[labnetwork] Lithium Compound target in the Sputtering

Nava Ariel Sternberg na2661 at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 18 08:04:12 EST 2016

Dear Shiva,

I sputtered both materials in grad school. but I wasn't using a clean
sputtering system. There are no special safety considerations (the lithium
in these compounds is stable and is not reactive with N2 or moisture as
elemental lithium) but the contamination of other metals deposited in the
same system is a valid concern. I would use a less clean system for that if
you have one.

Hope this helps,

Nava

Nava Ariel-Sternberg, Ph.D.