[labnetwork] cleaning sulfur from DRIE coldtrap

Beall, James A. (Fed) james.beall at nist.gov
Thu Jun 2 12:30:22 EDT 2016

Hi Mark,

I have used the brute force method and it is unpleasant. A field service engineer once told me he had heard you could freeze the gunked up parts in LN2 and then it would crack off but I have not tried that yet.

I am curious what you use as a cold trap as I would like to do more to keep that stuff out of our dry pumps.

Thank you,

  - Jim