[labnetwork] Aluminimum source crucible suggestions

Felix Lu fplu at wisc.edu
Tue May 31 18:32:19 EDT 2016

HI Cliff,

    I had the same problem a few years ago using the evaporator at UNC Chapel Hill. We were using a graphite crucible and the aluminum would creep up the side and I think the surface tension of the metal would break the crucible as it cooled - after a few cycles. I talked the guys over at Kamis (NY) and I don’t recall the crucible liner we bought from them now (some boron alloy in conjunction with graphite spacers?) but it worked (haven’t heard of a break). I would talk to them if you haven’t done so already.

Best,

Felix