[labnetwork] Nanostrip Storage Container

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 3 13:01:12 EDT 2016

Many years ago (~10) I ordered a couple gallons and had one in use, second in storage.  The second bottle leaked and ate through the "secondary containment" plastic bag that it came in, ran down the back of the cabinet, all over the floor in the back hallway.  This required an EHS Hazmat response team since it was a gallon of pH 0 basically which had etched through the paint on the cabinet shelving, door, etc.  They came in with absorbent that was essentially dust.  Pretty much a bad day in a cleanroom.

That was my last experience with Nanostrip. Since then I've always mixed it.  Our new facility has a piranha bath (heated, circulated, etc.).  We also allow users to mix their own, with all the safety requirements in place of course.

To be fair, my bad experience may have also been with an expired bottle.

Best of luck,
Aimee