[labnetwork] KOH etch of silicon

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Fri Aug 11 17:16:56 EDT 2017

Long ago in 1995 I wrote a paper that includes the KOH etching process.
See http://avs.scitation.org/doi/10.1116/1.588258  also known as JVST B
v13(6) 2745 (1995).

If your customer is concerned about potassium ions then you can use a
strong solution of TMAH instead. You can purchase 25% TMAH pre-mixed.
It's a lot more expensive than KOH.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute of Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>