[labnetwork] KOH etch of silicon

Mathilde Isabelle Barriet mathilde.i.barriet at ntnu.no
Fri Aug 11 09:03:06 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I have a user who wants to do KOH etch of silicon but since we do not have an established process in the lab, I am wondering if I could get some practical guidance on the best set ups.

Also, this user is especially concerned about contaminating his Si wafers with metals so I wonder what degree of purity of KOH is commonly used and if buying the best quality available make a difference on the Si contamination or not.

If anyone has experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks
Mathilde

Senior Engineer
NTNU NanoLab