[labnetwork] Silane Installation below grade

John D Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 7 16:22:05 EST 2017

Mike:

Oops, that's "rebarred" not "reverted" walls. And I used to work at Stanford …

Good luck,

John

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2017, at 1:19 PM, John D Shott <shott at stanford.edu<mailto:shott at stanford.edu>> wrote:

Mike:

The institution for whom I used to work had a below-grade gas bunker in 1985 … when that was still legal.

In 1995, we constructed two at-grade bunkers: one for toxics, flammable, and pyrophorics and one for corrosives.

The one in which the silane lives has very heavily reverted walls, blast resistant doors, and a flimsy louvered ceiling … with no occupied spaces above or adjacent.

Our AHJ would NEVER, EVER want us to have silane below grade. Despite my status as a leather-helmeted old fart, neither would I.

There are likely online photos of silane "releases" that are quite persuasive.

Good luck,

John

Sent from my iPhone