[labnetwork] Silane Installation below grade

Noah Clay nclay at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 7 20:04:42 EST 2017

The silane bunker at Harvard is below grade, adjacent to a loading dock (building commissioned in 2007).  It’s on a level of the building that’s adjacent to the loading dock (which itself is underground, accessed via ramp directly from the street).  I recall that it’s on a mezzanine level of the nano complex and there was clever massing of the building that enabled siting of the bunker one level below grade.  I was not privy to details before construction, involved in permitting or working with the AHJ.