[labnetwork] Tools for a new lab

A. William (Bill) FLOUNDERS bill_flounders at berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 14 13:30:14 EST 2017

Willyan,
Congratulations on completion of your cleanroom!
I recall your initial inquiries in 2012.
I expect you will receive many labnet responses to your inquiry.
When communicating within/through the network, we avoid
identifying, recommending, or discouraging specific vendors.
However, personal recommendations or advisements are often
offered via separate email directly to the poster.

Network recommendations are more generic and I note Noah Clay from UPenn
has already set an excellent tone by encouraging you to consider a firm for
layout
and install support.

Similarly, I offer two thoughts:
1. Noah is being too modest - UPenn will host the next UGIM conference
https://ugim.nano.upenn.edu/
This is an excellent forum for you to hear personal stories and receive in
person vendor and equipment reviews (good and bad) from many of us.

2. I compliment your initial focus on wet benches and general purpose
lithography
equipment. This is the necessary and best place to start.

I hope to see you in Philadelphia in June 2018.
Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley