[labnetwork] [Non-DoD Source] (no subject)

Pramod Karulkar pkarulkar9 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:34:25 EDT 2017

Elemental analysis provides an incomplete picture of cross contamination in
semiconductors.  Impurity levels beyond the detection limits of   elemental
analysis techniques can have significant impact on semiconductor
properties.  Contamination should be characterized in terms of the carrier
concentrations and carrier lifetimes by using high resistance, long
carrier lifetime semiconductor wafers as the starting material.  Generally,
one cannot escape equipment induced degradation of electrical properties of
a semiconductor surface if the equipment is exposed to any contaminating
materials, no matter what precautions one takes.   Subtle contamination can
have grave consequences that manifest in device performance.

Pramod  Karulkar

Pramod C Karulkar   Phone 503 756 1433