[labnetwork] Error during excimer laser operation (Coherent COMPex Pro 102F)

Pramod Ravindra pramodrvndr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 15:28:34 EDT 2017

Hi,

We use a 'Coherent COMPex Pro 102F' excimer laser (248 nm, KrF) as the
laser source for pulsed laser deposition. Recently, close to 30 s into the
deposition run at 5 Hz (150 pulses), the pulsing stopped and 'rec. error'
was printed on the display of the laser controller. Has anyone ever
encountered such an error? If yes, what does it mean and what do I need to
do to correct it? There was a power surge in the lab a day before this
happened but at that time, although the laser was connected to the power
lines, it was turned off. Could this be an effect of the surge?

Some background:

-We operate the laser using the controller. No external triggering
- Recent gas mixture refill was <20 days before pulsing
- Laser is used routinely - no long periods of dormancy

Thank you!

Pramod Ravindra
PhD Candidate
Centre for Nano-Science and Engineering (CeNSE)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
+91-9916890128