[labnetwork] Long prebakes of PMMA for EBL

Lino Eugene lino.eugene at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 14 11:39:10 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

I would like to have inputs from you regarding long prebakes of PMMA before e-beam lithography. I have always used 180 C for 90 s on hotplate as recommended in the technical data from Microchem. However, I have seen some SOPs where the prebake is longer, between 3 min and 20 min. I am wondering if there is any concern about the anisole solvent degassing in the vacuum chamber and if some EBL systems are more sensitive than others.

Also, I am wondering what the impact of a longer prebake has on the EBL process. I would expect a longer development time. What about the dose?

Thank you!

Lino Eugene, Ph.D., Jr. Eng.
Quantum NanoFab
University of Waterloo