[labnetwork] Long prebakes of PMMA for EBL

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:03:09 EDT 2017

I have never seen a difference between baking a few minutes or a few
years. Once the solvent is gone, it's gone. The required dose is
insensitive to the bake time.

Outgassing of the solvent is not a problem. Also, outgassing of low
molecular-weight pmma is not a problem. We are not using UHV systems for
lithography. Systems that use electrostatic deflection (JEOL) are
slightly sensitive to polymer deposition on the deflection plates, but
system diagnostics keep track of distortion and warn the operator when
cleaning is necessary (which is, hardly ever).

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute of Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu <http://nano.yale.edu>