[labnetwork] Dicing of Langasite

Matthew Moneck mmoneck at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 3 16:06:29 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We have recently had a request to dice langasite (La3Ga5SiO14) on our wafer dicing saw.  Have any of you had experience with this material?  I have only been able to gather limited information on this material, so first and foremost, I would like to know whether there are any concerns over toxicity if we choose to dice this substance.

Best Regards,

Matt

--
Matthew T. Moneck, Ph.D.
Executive Manager, Carnegie Mellon Nanofabrication Facility