[labnetwork] 回覆: Leybold turbo pump controller

Rinehart, Sean M srinehar at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 17 16:58:41 EDT 2018

I’ve heard of at least a couple other instances where an obsolete leybold MAG.DRIVE controller has failed and no one can repair it. It seems endemic to their older analog pumps. That said, I haven’t heard anything bad about digital models, and I think my analog MAG.DRIVE controller ran over fifteen years before failing, which isn’t a bad lifetime.

Regarding other pumps I usually go with vendor spec, but lately I’ve been moving to replace some wet pumps with dry/scroll options on our older (20+ years) equipment in an effort to save time on maintenance and money on fomblin oil.

Best regards,

Sean Rinehart
Research Engineer – Plasma and Metrology Systems
Birck Nanotechnology Center 2287B | 765.496.9189