[labnetwork] dicing III-V materials

Janet Teshima jmteshima at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:08:41 EST 2018

Hi Kurt,
As Fouad mentioned, III-V materials cleave very easily so it may be a good option for you, simple and quick. At LatticeGear we have worked to develop methods and tools that minimize particulate generation during the cleaving process while creating clean samples. The trick is that instead of sawing or scribing we make a small indent that does not generate airborne particles. Attached is a technical note we wrote with the University of Sydney where we measured particulates before and after cleaving. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Janet
LatticeGear, LLC
lg at latticegear.com <mailto:lg at latticegear.com>
15201 NW Greenbrier Parkway Suite C-7