[labnetwork] Silicon Tetrachloride delivery

John Nash jcn8004 at rit.edu
Wed Dec 19 14:51:34 EST 2018

Thank you all for the help with STS support a few weeks back.
.
We are currently installing and facilitizing a Plasma Therm APEX SLR ICP and it will be utilizing Silicon Tetra Chloride. This is our first time setting up a STC delivery system. I was wondering if someone would be willing to share how your source delivery system is set up. I have a few questions below to help start the conversation.

1.       Do you use an ampule, a bubbler or does it come in a compressed gas style bottle?

a.       Stainless Steel or Glass ampule?

2.       Is the ampule or bubbler heated to maintain a constant vapor pressure?

a.       If heated, to what temperature?

b.      What is your output pressure on the regulator?

3.       Do you use a carrier gas?

a.       Which gas do you use?

b.      What is your output pressure on the regulator?

4.       Are the gas delivery lines heated? - we are planning on using double wall SS tubing to deliver the STC to the tool from the gas box.

5.       Any other input is greatly appreciated, especially if you believe I may have overlooked something
Also, is the exhaust line heated from the pump to the GRC as well as from the tool to the pump.

Thank you all in advance and have a Happy Holidays,

John C Nash
SMFL - Technician
Rochester Institute of Technology
Semiconductor & Microsystems Fabrication Laboratory
82 Lomb Memorial Dr.
Bldg. 17-2627
Rochester, NY 14623

585 478-3835 cell