[labnetwork] Yellow filters for litho room: what specs are out there?

Beaudoin, Mario beaudoin at physics.ubc.ca
Thu Dec 20 14:23:16 EST 2018

Dear Labnetworks community,

I'm in the process of renovating our cleanroom and want yellow filters
that meet the specs of /Lithoprotect/, specifically, I want way less
than 1% transmission below 500nm. /Lithoprotect/ (see link below) claims
less than 0.001% transmission below about 475nm.  In our old cleanroom,
we used to have traditional 1% yellow windows that turned out to be
inadequate for our maskless lithography system.

https://www.microchemicals.com/technical_information/170823_Lithoprotect_Flyer_EN_Web.pdf

Does anyone know of a US supplier that offers similar product? On the
other hand, does anyone know of products that are not quite as
performing but still offer say 0.01% transmission below 500nm? We will
be using 405nm and 365nm light with a traditional mask aligner and a
maskless system.  We typically use AZ 5214E-IR and nLoF 2020 resists for
down to 1um features; some users still use Shipley 1813 and we have
another set of groups using SU-8 resists.  We're not committed to any
supplier but do require tight performance.

I'm cc'ing our cleanroom manufacturer engineers in this thread.

Regards,

Mario