[labnetwork] Cleanroom Door

Leif Johansen lej at danchip.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 17 04:41:50 EST 2018

Hi Peter,

We have both embedded and surface mounted sliding doors, as well as "old school" hinged doors. Our puritans don't like sliding doors at all, especially not the embedded door, because they are afraid that we cannot clean the cavity properly and thus might have a particle pump. We have surface mounted sliding doors to three of our ISO 4 ("class 10") rooms and have not detected any particle issue.

>From a cost-of-ownership point of view, the manual hinged doors are the cheapest option. The sliding doors need annual service visits.

Best regards,
Leif

Leif Johansen

Head of Operations, Ph.D.

DTU Danchip

Technical University of Denmark

Nationalt Center for Mikro- and Nanofabrikation

Ørsteds Plads, Byg. 347

Building 347, Room 170

2800 Lyngby

Direct +45 45255713