[labnetwork] Getting files off older computers

Bowser, Jerry (Fed) jerry.bowser at nist.gov
Mon Sep 10 09:59:25 EDT 2018

Hello Kevin,

We have faced similar issues here at NIST.  And, our IT security policy prohibits the use of any USB sticks.  Our work-around was to use a bridge computer between the old computers and the campus network.  In your case, you would have a Windows 10 computer connected to the university network with a second network card installed to connect to the old computers.  Establish a network share drive on the Windows 10 computer to move files through.  Let me know if you want to discuss in more detail.

Jerry Bowser
Assistant Manager for Operations
NanoFab Operations Group
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology