[labnetwork] CEE Spinner bowl liner

Aebersold,Julia W. julia.aebersold at louisville.edu
Wed Sep 12 11:11:54 EDT 2018

We use aluminum foil, too.

Cheers!

Julia Aebersold, Ph.D.

MNTC Cleanroom Manager

University of Louisville

2210 South Brook Street

Shumaker Research Building, Room 233

Louisville, KY  40292

(502) 852-1572

http://louisville.edu/micronano/<http://louisville.edu/micronano>

________________________________
From: labnetwork-bounces at mtl.mit.edu <labnetwork-bounces at mtl.mit.edu> on behalf of Kevin Owen <kjvowen at lnf.umich.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:25:21 PM
To: Gary Olin
Cc: Fab Network
Subject: Re: [labnetwork] CEE Spinner bowl liner

Gary,

We don't use the liners in our 200X spinners, but the only photoresists we allow in those ones are acetone soluble, and users are trained to clean up their mess when they finish (and we also check/clean them a couple times a week). They're still quite clean after at least 5 years. On our CEE 100 spinner, we allow a wider variety of "spin-on" materials that aren't necessarily soluble in acetone (including LOR, polyimide, some suspended nanoparticles, etc). In this tool, I started lining the bowl with Stripaway 5900 from General Chemical Corp way back in, oh, probably 2012. It's sort of a "paint on" goo that then dries in a few hours and you can peel it off later. We replace it every couple of weeks as necessary. Still using the same tub I bought back then. The one caveat I have is that while it is resistant to acetone, it does not like NMP, so for certain materials, for example polyimide which is typically suspended in that, users are required to line the bowl with aluminum foil. I believe they don't list that variety on their website, but if you contact them, they can probably help you out. You may also want to ask if another one they have would work better for the plastic bowl in the 200s (the 100 is a metal bowl). Finally, the other two spinners (one for SU-8 and PDMS, the other for e-beam resists) have historically been lined with aluminum foil, replaced as necessary. As far as I know, this works for them, although those were not in my jurisdiction so I can't personally speak to that.

-Kevin