[labnetwork] EDC from Laurell

Morrison, Richard H., Jr rmorrison at draper.com
Tue Aug 6 08:07:48 EDT 2019

I have used a Laurell spinner for cleans and acid etches. You have to make sure that the delivery system for your acids are Teflon coated otherwise any metal surfaces will be corroded. I would mount the spinner directly in to a fume hood and of course you wil need the proper waste drain for the material you are going to etch.

For piranha you cannot use a pressure delivery tank much too dangerous, you will need to have 2 tanks one for Sulfuric and one for peroxide and develop a ratio to get the proper mix at the wafer surface. Remember that the mix creates a lot of heat so process development will be key.

Good luck

Rick

Richard H. Morrison
Principal Member of the Technical Staff