[labnetwork] ALD process for ZnO?

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 22 09:24:42 EDT 2019

Hi Tim,
We have both 110C and 150C processes for ZnO using DeZn and water on our Picosun Sunale ALD tool.  The 150C is our standard and we had to increase the pulse times for the lower temp process, but we did not do a lot of optimization to get a relatively high quality film (at least from an index of refraction perspective).

Feel free to reach out to me personally for the process details.  Our 110C process was kind of a shot in the dark for a customer as part of an Al doped ZnO process, so we have limited data but I do have index of refraction, growth rate, etc.

Generally speaking the tool vendors have great applications people and ZnO is a fairly standard film for them.  If you haven't already, I'd reach out to your tool vendor and ask them their thoughts.

Best,
Aimee Price

Sr. Research Associate
The Ohio State University