[labnetwork] ALD process for ZnO?

Brent Gila bgila at ufl.edu
Thu Aug 22 09:46:57 EDT 2019

Hello Tim,

Just be aware that methyl byproducts from TMA precursors will decompose
ZnO on the chamber walls and create dimethylzinc, which will recirculate
and end up in your films.  After a ZnO ALD run, you should deposit a
thick layer of something like HfO2 (not Al2O3 from TMA) to seal in the ZnO.

We have had to turn away researchers who wanted to run ZnO in the ALD
for fear of creating this situation.  We did not want to poison the ALD
with Zn and effect all the other researchers in the facility.

Best Regards,
Brent

--
Brent P. Gila, PhD.