[labnetwork] Silicon to InGaAs selective wet etch

McWilliams, Scott mcwilliamss at mail.smu.edu
Sat Feb 2 16:00:36 EST 2019

Hello All,

I am looking for a wet etch that will etch sputtered silicon and not etch InP or InGaAs.  I do not know the exact composition of the InGaAs, but it is a zinc doped contact layer for a laser diode.  I did try some published silicon etchants at various ratios (all at nominal room temperature) of PAN etch, or acidic/nitride/HF, but they etched the InGaAs a bit too fast.

I could not find online any information about silicon to InGaAs selectivity, I would appreciate any input if you have experience in this (I'm trying to avoid dry etching this).

Thank you,

Scott McWilliams
Lab Manager
SMU