[labnetwork] Name Tags on Cleanroom Gowns

DeRose, Guy A. derose at caltech.edu
Wed Jun 5 16:50:27 EDT 2019

Hello group,

We don’t put name tags on our garments, but rather on the hangers. We just use a “P-Touch” labeler to make a tape with the wearer’s name on it and attach it to the neck of the hanger.  It wraps around the hanger wire and sticks to itself, so they know which garments is theirs and where to find it on the garment rack when going in and out of the cleanroom. Maybe this works at Caltech inspired by Sheldon of “The Big Bang Theory” having his spot.

If you are looking for a solution with names on garments to track people on the cameras, I know of at least one lab at another university that has modified their garments such that a fabric strip with the person’s name is attached with snaps to the back like a sports jersey.

Guy DeRose, PhD, Member of the Professional Staff
Associate Director of Technical Operations, Kavli Nanoscience Institute
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA USA
(O) 1-626-395-3423 (M) 1-626-676-8529
http://kni.caltech.edu