[labnetwork] Fwd: [UCE] Commercial power interlocks compatible with NEMO

Ian Harvey iharvey at Princeton.EDU
Thu Mar 28 10:07:21 EDT 2019

Dear Shane and Labnetwork colleagues,

We implemented the NEMO LMS here at Princeton last August without incident and have not looked back.  Many thanks to the visionary folks at NIST who made this available to our community as the first truly open source (no-charge) cleanroom soft management solution. There are many options for lockout boxes.

Jerry Bowser (NIST) and I are planning to host an afternoon information session, Thursday, April 25, here at Princeton.  We will make this available by WebEx or other online method.  Our respective (NIST/Princeton) technical experts will be leading the discussion.

In that session we will briefly talk about our in-house solution to Shane’s question, below, as well as feature customization we have implemented at Princeton, documentation under development at NIST, and a Princeton/NIST roadmap for further feature development.  We are definitely interested in a crowd-sourcing model for Python-based feature development and look to other campuses to share in both the vision and the execution of a continuously improving and expanding whole-lab management capability.

We have just sent out an invite recently and you can RSVP here<https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eg75k1vw3c0e100f&oseq=&c=b2ace5c2-4be4-11e9-ac55-d4ae527599c4&ch=b2ae6604-4be4-11e9-ac55-d4ae527599c4> if you would like to attend live or by WebEx.

Happy Spring!

—Ian

Ian R. Harvey
Cleanroom Director
Princeton University, Institute of Materials
70 Prospect Avenue, Princeton, NJ 08540

609-258-5922 (office)
iharvey at princeton.edu<mailto:iharvey at princeton.edu>
PRISM-Cleanroom.princeton.edu<http://PRISM-Cleanroom.princeton.edu>