[labnetwork] Gas exhaust

Xin (Shane) Guo sguo18 at yorku.ca
Wed Nov 6 09:01:16 EST 2019

Hi Colleagues,

We are trying to set up a dual chamber PECVD-RIE system. Our internal team has concerns of mixed fumes sharing the same exhaust. The gases involve NH3(in a gas cabinet), N2, O2, Ar, He, SF6, CHF3, CF4, TEOS and DES (vapor draw), though it should be only traces of the waste gases going into the exhaust.

Can you share what your practice is in your facility? Do you use separate exhaust for different groups of gases? What is the best place to find the guideline or regulation of such thing?

Best

Shane