[labnetwork] Gas exhaust

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Wed Nov 6 12:41:18 EST 2019

Hi Shane,

Our PECVD pump's exhaust goes through a scrubber on its way to a
teflon-coated stainless steel exhaust system.

We have a "solvent" exhaust system (stainless steel) and a "corrosive"
exhaust system (teflon-coated stainless steel).

It's easy to connect fume hoods to the "proper" exhaust system. It's not
so easy for tools (because they use combinations of types of gases) so
we tend to connect the etchers and the CVD tools to the corrosive
system. The teflon-coated system offers both corrosion protection
(through the teflon coating) and fire protection (through the stainless
steel). As I mentioned at the beginning, we use point of use abatement
on those tools as an added measure.

Iulian

iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.
Director, Nanofabrication Facility