[labnetwork] Cross contamination due to evaporation on lead containing perovskite material

Dr. Aamer Mahmood amahmood at hbku.edu.qa
Sun Nov 10 05:53:56 EST 2019

Hello all,
I have been asked by a colleague to evaporate gold on some organic photovoltaic cells. The cells contain lead containing perovskite material.
The evaporator used traditionally for perovskite based research is currently down and to save time the use of another evaporator used for evaporation of metals and reactively deposited metal oxides is being explored.
I am concerned about contamination of the chamber - especially by lead.
I would appreciate relevant experiences and opinions.
Thanks.
-Aamer Mahmood