[labnetwork] Temescal BJD 1800 E-beam evaporator

Greshma Nair gnair at lsu.edu
Thu Oct 3 23:24:15 EDT 2019

Hello all,

We at LSU have a Temescal BJD 1800 E-beam evaporator that has been unused for many years. The evaporator uses a VersaVac controller, an Autopump controller, and Temescal IC6000 Deposition controller (pictures attached). Recently we tried evacuating the system but haven't had any luck so far. The only progress we have had is to get the mechanical pump turned on and the rough valve to open. Everything after that has been erratic- VersaVac controller gauges not turning on and the rough valve not shutting down when it reaches a pressure < 5x10-2 Torr.

We tried getting in touch with Temescal but they do not seem to have a manual for this version of the tool. If anyone has experience working with the Temescal BJD 1800 we would be interested to reach out to you and learn more about the tool. Or if you have an operation manual that you can share with us, it will be highly appreciated.

Greshma
----

Greshma Nair, Ph.D.
Cleanroom Manager,
Nanofabrication Facility (NFF)
Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices (CAMD)
6980 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Phone: (225) 578-9378
lsu.edu/nanofabrication