[labnetwork] SCS Labcoater 2 parylene system

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Tue Jan 7 15:31:13 EST 2020

In the manual I looked at there is several pieces of information on cloudy
coatings:

1 - The vacuum controller set point value is factory-set at 15 units above
base pressure. By changing this setting up or down, the process will speed
up or slow down respectively. Take care not to set this value too high, as
it will result in cloudy coatings

2 - Generally, the slower the deposition, the more uniform and clear the
Parylene will be. From the standpoint of coating quality, you cannot coat
too slowly, but coating too quickly can cause cloudy or whitish Parylene
and uneven coating thickness. For Parylene C, the deposition rate will
typically be about .0002" per hour

3 - It is best to distribute the substrate evenly within the Deposition
Chamber. Relatively large spaces with little or no surface area will tend
to result in Parylene coating that is cloudy.