[labnetwork] Savannah ALD GUI crash - empties the N2 cylinder

Hathaway, Malcolm R hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 28 09:35:34 EST 2020

Hi Youry,

I have not come across that particular issue so far.  Typically, when the GUI freezes (USB errors in our case) my sense has been that everything stops in a "fail-safe" mode, i.e. heaters off, and everything else with them.

I have been dealing with a fault in our controller lately, wherein the MFC circuit does not enter "bypass" when venting, instead shutting off, and preventing venting.  This is a different issue, however, in that it is hardware related.  Yours sounds like it's control signal-related.  Perhaps a soft-ware reload?  Or update?  Which rev. of Savannah software do you have?

Mac
Harvard CNS