[labnetwork] Deep Reactive Ion Etch Problems

Pallavi Sharma pnsharma at unm.edu
Mon Jul 27 12:02:03 EDT 2020

Hello all,

I am having problem with anisotropic etching of silicon by Deep Reactive ion etch. Grass or black silicon is the issue all the time, attaching some of the SEM pictures of the sample. Every recipe I tried to fine tune result in grass formation, even as the process initiates in tool wafer surface starts to turn brown and ultimately black. I tried varying SF6 gas flow, Bias power, Substrate temperature but every time I see is highly dense grass with no clean surface.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Pallavi