[labnetwork] Deep Reactive Ion Etch Problems

N P VAMSI KRISHNA vamsinittala at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:21:14 EDT 2020

Hi Pallavi,
If all of a sudden you are seeing grass in all the recipes (without any
open chamber repairs):
1. Do long oxygen clean: This will help you in removing excess polymer on
the chuck or any metal contamination in the chamber. Observe the plasma for
any sparks or fluctuations in Vpp or DcBias.
2. Use your standard recipe and try increasing platen temperature. Inspect
your platen temperature.
3. Check the condition of ESC for any black spots or particles (open
chamber).

If there is any change in the chamber conditions like recently AMC done or
ESC replacement?  The picture below might help you tuning the recipe.
1. First I would try increasing the platen temperature (In most of the
cases this will work)
2. Then try to reduce polymer flow. If there is a change in profile,
increase it.
Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Vamsi