[labnetwork] UV cleaning/sterilization of safety glasses, labware etc

Andy Thompson andy at discheminc.com
Mon Jun 22 17:16:58 EDT 2020

UV is excellent for sterilization of any non-porous surface. We've had very
good results using this in our manufacturing facility for molds and
bacterial, but it is equally effective for viruses. When deciding on a UV
box versus wand you should compare through put as a minimum exposure time is
required. The wand has obvious advantages as it is portable and can be done
on an individual work station while the boxes can be multi directional so
that you don't have to turn over items to insure that all surfaces are
exposed to sufficient UV radiation. Hope that's helpful.

Best regards,

Andy Thompson

DisChem, Inc.

17295 Boot Jack Rd, Ste A