[labnetwork] Dow ebeam resist delays

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 8 21:52:59 EDT 2020

Hi Franklin,
I’m sorry to hear this.  Yes Dow has been seemingly having issues for a couple years, which has gotten worse in recent months.  I received a notification from my distributor Krayden that they were discontinuing small bottles (see attached).  Others at MAEBL have reported strange delays and other oddities with distribution.  I can speak about that offline if you want details.

If you do go with the larger sizes, which may work better in a production environment, do make sure that the shelf life is appropriate and not close to the expiration date.  There have been concerns about this, but I haven’t personally had that issue.  It does need to be refrigerated or preferably frozen for better quality and shelf life.

There is an alternate supplier that some of us in the MAEBL community are starting to qualify.  It is called H-SiQ from Dischem.  That might be an option for you, though I realize you’d need to qualify it.  Depending on your processes, you may find little difference.  Dischem may actually be on this listserve, so maybe they could respond directly.  I purchased 4% in February in very small quantities and it has been used for a photonics project.  That project uses a high contrast develop strategy with some longer bakes.

I’d be happy to talk more about what we have found at Ohio State and as a MAEBL community if you’d like.  This is a very popular topic amongst the EBL community globally, so I’m betting you will get quite a bit of feedback.

Best,
Aimee Bross Price

President/Co-founder MAEBL

Sr. Research Associate